Monday, December 20, 2010

Cheap Sheke: Shabby Chic

In an attempt to catch a break from the cold wind while wandering through the streets of NYC, I ducked into a store neatly tucked away in Soho and by chance, discovered quite the find-Purl! When I opened the door and saw it was a knitting store, I almost turned around and left, but the bright, soft colored yarn intrigued me. I may have dodged my mother's many attempts to teach me to sew, but I still enjoy the fruits of her labor so I promptly purchased for her the "More Last Minute Knitted Gifts." (I am crossing my fingers she still doesn't "get the point of blogs" and isn't reading this)


Inside I not only found patterns for sweaters, scarves, and gloves, but also knitted cupcakes.



I love different cake stands, so I thought, why not have my mom knit some cakes so I always have dessert to adorn a cake stand. If you can't pawn this activity off to your mom, etsy also has some beautiful knitted cupcakes. I prefer the ones with very light, whispy thread as the icing otherwise they look a little too much like something my grandmother might own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Washington, DC
They say, "DC has Northern hospitality with a southern pace of progress." The same is true when it comes to fashion: southern style combined with the restrictions of Northern weather and Wall-Street black suit. My goal is to add some color to the mix on the limited budget most young professionals in the District face.