Thursday, August 13, 2009

Outfit Inspiration: Asheville, NC



















Asheville is still one of my favorite mountain cities to this day. I love the beautiful nature, the artistic shops and the hippie quality to it. The last several times I went to Asheville I went with my mom and sister as a girls weekend. We love walking through all the shops and galleries admiring the local talent. The above outfit is something I would love to wear while walking around town for a day of shopping.



















This top from Anthropologie reminds me both of the beautiful blue ridge mountains and the gorgeous artistry in Asheville.



















I thought these jeans paired perfectly with the top for a casual day of walking around. You need something tighter on bottom to compliment the loose top, and the cuffed jean gives it a more hippy casual feel.














I love the beautiful craftsmanship of Bernardo sandals. So well made and comfortable for walking. I also thought these were a nice compromise to the brown rainbows that everyone (including myself) wears in North Carolina.





































I was honestly torn between these two bags and decided to include both. The leather tote bag gives it a more polished look. But the yellow bag just matches the organic handmade feel of Asheville. And I feel like people in North Carolina are a little bolder with their colors than here in DC. Just an observation.


















With all the red clay in North Carolina, pottery is very popular. Which is why I had to choose handmade clay earrings to complete my outfit. Because the shirt is such a statement piece, you don't need too much else to accent it. These are nice and simple yet still a little interesting.



























The mountains always get a little cooler at night time, so if I were going out to dinner I'd add a cardigan and belt. After all this talk of Asheville, I think I'm ready for my next mountain vacation! And now I have the perfect outfit to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Washington, DC
They say, "DC has Northern hospitality with a southern pace of progress." The same is true when it comes to fashion: southern style combined with the restrictions of Northern weather and Wall-Street black suit. My goal is to add some color to the mix on the limited budget most young professionals in the District face.